1. Sponsor a holiday wish list for single mothers and pre-school children living at Our Mother’s House, a transitional housing program offered by Catholic Charities, Diocese of Venice. Call Rita, 941.485.6264 x102.
2. Provide aid to the area’s hungry while satisfying your own hunger. On November 6, All Faiths Food Bank hosts their annual Bowls of Hope soup tasting event. 941.379.6333
3. Stop by the Humane Society during the month of December and choose a dog or cat to sponsor. Your name, along with a picture of your animal, will be placed on their holiday tree. 2331 15th Street, Sarasota, 941.955.4131.
4. Help provide a holiday meal to someone in need. Local Publix stores will be selling holiday bags during November and December.
5. Send a message of hope to a child. Donate your lightly used toys to Toys for Tots. Drop-off bins are locally available at several locations. Call Daniel, 941.525.2287 for more information.
6. Volunteer and buy a ticket to the Loveland Center Annual Christmas BBQ. All proceeds go towards helping adults with disabilities live their lives to the fullest. Call Daniela, 941.493.0016 x337 for more information.
7. Volunteer with the Compeer program at Senior Friendship Center to help improve the lives of adults striving for good mental health. You will be matched with a friend to meet with for a few hours a month. No prior experience is required. Contact Caroline, 941.556.3249 for more information.
8. Fill out an application to help stock the Salvation Army food pantry during the holiday season. 1051 Albee Farm Road, Venice. Call 941.484.6227 for more information.
9. Volunteer with Venice Area Mobile Meals delivering meals to those in need. Fill out an application online or call 941.488.1889 for more information.
10. Join the weekly build at Habitat for Humanity. Builds are every Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday. Whether you are skilled in construction or just willing to work, your participation is welcome. Call 941.493.6606.