Beach-inspired fashion, accessories and home décor are de rigueur in downtown Venice, where shops are stocked with wares from runway au courant to ’50s funky. Whether your homage to sea and sand is luxe and glamorous or laid-back and casual, Venice stores offer the newest and finest in coastal living. BY CAROL TISCH
Facing either bow or aft, the silver-plated reversible anchor necklace by Brighton is a stunning travel accessory with white enamel on one side and clear Swarovski crystals on the other ($85). Fugate’s, 137 W. Venice Ave., (941) 484-1000.
- Brimming with home accents artfully embellished with shells, Posh straddles shabby chic and coastal lifestyles with vases, lamps, chandeliers and mirrors ($2,500); some pieces have actually been submerged for months in the sea for the proper crusty look. Posh, 327 W. Venice Ave., (941) 786-1008.
- Luxury resort wear brand Escapada Living offers chic, island-inspired designs from beach cover-ups to dresses and caftans in breezy fabrics and vibrant prints like this one ($78). Seaside Chic Boutique, 305A W. Venice Ave., (941) 484-1313.
- From an elaborate octopus serving piece in silver plate to backyard and picnic dinnerware decked out with sea creatures against a nautical background (from $12), the coastal theme enchants at Venice Wine & Coffee Company, 201 W. Venice Ave., (941) 484-3667.
- The nautical motif takes a more formal tone with elegant party place holders and napkin rings crafted of Swarovski crystals and genuine shells in wedding- and hostess-gift sets ($250, set of four). The Tabletop, 205 W. Venice Ave., (941) 485-0319.
- Where the boys are? If not at the beach, you’ll find husbands on shopping break paying homage to the craftsmanship of the finest hammocks, swings and more from Vermont and Pawley’s Island, N.C. (shown, $229). Island Life Hammock Company, 329 W. Venice Ave., (941) 488-8727.
- Beach lovers will find decorating serendipity in an assortment of eco-friendly cotton canvas indoor-outdoor pillows featuring shells, sand dollars, coral and sea horses to mix and match in fashion colors ($48). A Coastal Breeze, 223 W. Miami Ave., (941) 786-1896.
Want more from Venice? Subscribe FREE today to get the latest in arts, dining, culture and more delivered right to your door!