1. Catch tonight’s dinner by going offshore fishing in the Gulf of Mexico on a half- or full-day charter. Hotpursuitcharters.com, 941.993.7897
2. Paint the town with watercolors by taking an art class at the Venice Art Center. Your left brain will love you. veniceartcenter.com
3. Channel your inner circus star by taking trapeze lessons at Tito Gaona’s Flying Trapeze Academy & Flying Fantasy Circus. titogaona.com
4. Follow up on your new year’s resolution and feel good and fit by joining a local fitness club. lff.com, veniceymca.org
5. Mingle with famous authors when you take a trip to the Venice Library. Meet local and nationally acclaimed authors. Learn more at sclibs.net/libraries/venice.aspx
6. Teach your old—and new—dog new tricks at the Greater Venice Dog Club with training and obedience courses for all breeds. venicedogclub.com
7. Learn to Paddleboard Take a walk on the wet and wild side by mastering the art of the paddleboard. Leave each lesson with a smile and the feeling of a great workout.H2Soul.com, 970.301.7583
8. Celebrate Groundhog’s Day at the Beach This February 2nd, grab your towel and sunscreen and head over to the beach. Six more weeks of winter is a good thing!
9. Send a Venice Valentine from Nokomis Groves to your friends up north. Sweet and succulent oranges and grapefruits will warm their wintery hearts. Check out nokomisgroves.com.
10. Plant a Butterfly Garden The right variety of Florida plants will attract colorful butterflies and hummingbirds and bring your yard to life. hazeltinennurseries.com, edgewoodnursery.com